CoolSculpting and liposuction are cosmetic procedures to get rid of excess fat tissue from certain areas of the body. The purpose of both the procedures may be similar, but they differ in their approach and mechanism.
- CoolSculpting is a non-surgical procedure in which a specialized device is used to freeze and kill fat cells. The way it works is that the fat cells are naturally flushed out of the body through the process of detoxification. The device stimulates destruction of fat cells and lets the body do the rest of the job.
- Liposuction is a surgical procedure to remove stubborn fat from selective areas. It is performed mostly on areas of abdomen, thighs, hips, and belly.
While both procedures have their merit, CoolSculpting has certain benefits over the traditional choice of liposuction:
- CoolSculpting is a non-invasive and less aggressive method to counter excess fat in the body. The patient doesn’t have to undergo a painful procedure or consume heavy dose medicines. People apprehensive of getting complicated procedures done can easily opt for CoolSculpting.
- CoolSculpting requires minimum to negligible recovery time as compared to liposuction. Surgical procedures need ample amount of time for healing and recovery. The recovery process is also painful and uncomfortable, which is not the case with CoolSculpting.
- CoolSculpting adopts a more holistic approach to get rid of fat cells as it is supplemented by the natural detoxification process of the body.
- CoolSculpting can be performed on most people safely and without any side effects. Liposuction is a complicated surgery, and not everyone is a suitable candidate.
- The results from CoolSculpting are permanent and long-lasting, as fat cells are actually eliminated from the body.